Sprk'd is looking for our next
Sprk'd is an inbound marketing agency focused on Content Strategy, Content Creation and Marketing, and Web Design that engages our clients' customers and elicits action. We are seeking an enthusiastic and sharp intern looking for real-world experience working on fun and interesting online campaigns.
We always put our clients' needs first so as a young business we haven't left much time for our own website and marketing needs!? That's where we can use your help the most at first.
You will be responsible for driving visibility and engagement of our brand (with the potential to work with our client brands) via social media channels. At the tactical level, this means managing several streams of content on a variety of different platforms to drive inbound traffic/sales, brand awareness, email acquisition while measuring performance to optimize strategies.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Create and execute social media marketing (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and campaigns to drive traffic, sales and engagement/participation from social communities.
• Conceptualize, develop, and deploy programs that increase social media awareness and engagement.
• Ensure content is meaningful, current, and customer-focused.
• Strategize and implement initiatives to improve fan/follower engagement.
• Track social media growth, performance and participation.
• Establish, monitor and enforce standards with social media sites.
• Solicit, track and report social media feedback.
• PR/DWOM techniques and strategies, including listening, research, influencer outreach, seeding, social network engagement, conversational campaigns and content seeding.
• Assist in the coordination of online marketing and advertising campaigns as well as update the Sprk'd web site
• Find content from third-party resources that would be relative to our clients and their customers
• Research topics in order to create unique content for ourselves and our clients (this is generally for blog posts, tweets, Facebook posts, Pins, etc.)
• Analytics reporting: Gather, organize and aggregate large sets of internal and external data in order to identify meaningful insights.
• Use those insights, those in that last bullet to create interesting narratives that support our (or clients) communications
• Collaborate with Sprk'd team members and reports to the Founder
• Ideal candidates will reside in or near Chicago
• You must be curious and creative with high internal motivation. Ask questions (especially "why?")
• Possess skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management
• All deadlines MUST be met — no exceptions. 99% of the time you will have ample time to complete work but you will not be babysat here either—you will be expected to manage your own time.
• Most work will be completed from home so be comfortable communicating via a combination of Skype, phone, and email. We also use Slack and Asana but if you're not familiar with those that's ok. We work out of Grind co-working space at 2 N Lasalle a couple times a week so being able to meet in-person once or twice a month would be great but not required.
Apply by emailing Christine your cover letter, resume, and relevant work samples with the subject line "Marketing & Social Media Internship Applicant." Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge.