You’re a content marketing guru, meaning you understand the power of social media. Yes, you know how great it is for expanding your reach and personalizing your brand but, more than that, you understand the potential it has for generating quality leads.
Generating leads through social media is NOT easy, though. There is so much noise and so much traffic that getting the right message to the right person is not a walk in the park.
Inbound content marketing guru’s know that in order to unleash the power of social media you have to play the numbers and strategize.
Strategy is king here.
The beauty of Twitter is that it’s a platform that constantly gathers data.
The beauty of Hubspot, and other content management software, is that it gathers and interprets that data for you.
It’s up to you to act on that data.
Big Data is powerful and all sorts of exciting, if you do something with all that data you gather. There’s no sense in just hoarding data, go do something fun with it.
So, with that in mind, analyzing the impacts of different social media strategies is key to making Twitter a viable source for bringing in good leads.
The more messages you post and different frequencies you test, the easier it’ll be to analyze and use the data. It takes a reasonable amount of time of posting and testing to be able to do something with it. That’s a lot of messages to schedule and keep track of. It’s not easy to do do, especially if you have to schedule one messages at a time.
Marketing gurus know how tedious and time consuming this can all be. It gets frustrating and can discourage you from constantly trying out different strategies. Scheduling one messages at a time takes a long time.
HubSpot to the rescue.
Luckily, and thankfully, Hubspot has a tool built in that allows you to schedule Twitter messages in bulk.
That’s right; you don’t have to schedule messages one-by-one through HubSpot. You can upload as many messages as you need, and in one click have a bulk of Twitter messages ready to go out.
Follow these Steps
- First, go to your HubSpot dashboard, head to the social media tab, and click on “Publishing.”
- Next, right next to the big blue “Compose a Message” button is a slightly smaller icon. It looks like a cloud with an arrow. That’s the bulk upload icon.
- Click on that icon and the bulk scheduling tool pops up.
- Now, pick the Twitter account you want to publish through.
- The next step is to download the bulk scheduling template. Click on the blue text link that says “download a customized sample file.” HubSpot provides a customized file with information already filled in. They use data gathered from your account and pre-populate the date column based on your previous social media publishing schedule. Way to go HubSpot! Doing something with all that data.
If you don’t want to use HubSpot’s template, you can always upload your own CSV or Excel file. Just make sure you include columns with:
Date (mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm)
- Once your spreadsheet is ready with all the messages you want to schedule, go ahead and upload it. Click on the “Choose File” tab on the bulk scheduling tool and find your filled out spreadsheet.
- Now, for the hardest step. This last step requires steady hands and complex tech. It’s daunting and really easy to mess up. Hey! Pay attention! We said this is the hardest step!
Just click the big blue “Upload” button, and you’re all done.