It's National Static Electricity Day!
Did you know that static electricity has its own holiday? That's right! We were... ahem—shocked as well.
In the spirit of today's national (albeit made-up sounding) holiday, we have complied a list of content marketing statistics that we think you'll find... you guessed it! Shocking!
- 94% of B2B buyers research online for purchase decisions (Acquity Group, 2014)Tweet This
- Content marketing generates 3 times as many leads as traditional outbound marketing, but costs 62% less. (Demand Metric)Tweet This
- The average content length for a web page that ranks in the top 10 results for any keyword on Google has at least 2,000 words. The higher up you go on the search listings page, the more content each web page has. (QuickSprout)Tweet This
- 60% of all organic clicks go to the organic top 3 search results. (Business2Community)Tweet This
- Leads from SEO have a 14.6% close rate, while outbound leads (such as direct mail or print advertising) have a 1.7% close rate. (Search Engine Journal)Tweet This
- 46% of people read blogs more than once a day. (HubSpot Science of Blogging, 2010)Tweet This
- Companies that excel at lead nurturing generate 50% more sales-ready leads at 33% lower cost. (Forrester Research) Tweet This
And there you have it! Seven shocking content marketing stats. Were you surprised by any in particular? If so, let us know which one(s) in the comments below.